Monday, November 22, 2010

iPhone Not Recognised After Error

I came across an issue recently with an iPhone 4, where error messages were being displayed when syncing the phone:

“File not found”
“internal device error”

The sync failed each time I tried. I believe that the issue was caused by a large application being installed, which caused iTunes to display the same set of error messages each time a sync was attempted before failing. After restoring the phone, there were issues opening applications, so I tried turning it off and back on again. When iTunes detected it once turned back on, it was not seen as the phone that was previously synced to the iTunes profile even though it was. The only options available were to restore from a backup, or set the phone up as a new phone.

I was able to fix the issue win the applications not opening simply by downloading and installing a new app on the iPhone. I then canceled the download of the large application via iTunes, and was able to successfully sync the phone again. After the phone had synchronised, it was detected again when connected to the same iTunes in future as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment